Jill Stein promised to continue the revolution to an enthusiastic audience at the “The People’s Revolution” in Philadelphia, PA, earlier today. Jill Stein effectively conveyed the Green Party’s core values by using an abbreviated version – “People, Planet, and Peace Over Profits”.
The domestic policies that Jill Stein advocated share much with Bernie’s campaign although Jill often pursues more progressive goals. Jill Stein expressed herunequivocal commitment to Green
(1) continuing the living wage campaign (4:16);
(2) continuing the pipeline blockade (4:22);
(3) the fight to make #BlackLivesMatter (04:39) including establishing#citizenreviewboards as a start to fix the sporadice enforcement by the US Dept. of Justice investigations under the Civil Rights Laws (8:00 & 09:00);
(5) pursuing economic justice (10:00);
(7) a welcoming path to citizenship (16:50) and to stop bombing people out of their home countries (13:10, 14:04, and 15:00) ending the war on drugs which has killed hundred of thousands of people in Mexico alone (13:37). Jill Stein is also committed to fighting the TPPP which has also eliminated jobs in foreign countries.
At the 19:10 mark, Jill Stein shifted attention to the elephant in the room — U.S. foreign policy — and her commitment to security through peace (19:10). A peaceful foreign policy will not be addressed by Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump.
At the 22:30 mark, Jill Stein identified the climate crisis as urgent and
called for a 100% renewable energy supply by 2030 (22:30) and introduced the#GreenNewDeal (24:00). The climate crisis will not be solved by political parties that are on the payroll. (26:00).
When we have a 100% renewable source of energy, we can no longer justify over 1,000 military bases throughout the world.
The audience consisted predominately of active Bernie Sanders’ supporters who are committed to continuing the political revolution.
The Berner’s enthusiasm for Jill Stein’s Green Deal increases as they learn about her positions. At the 31:00 mark, it is apparent that, unlike Bernie’s supporters who pledged loyalty to the nominee as a condition to serving as a delegate at the DNC, the members of The People’s Congress showed their enthusiasm for Jill Stein.